These last few months have been the most difficult months so far in my weight loss journey. I have put some of those lost pounds back on. My spirits are good, and I am happy, so that is good, but over the last several months, my weight crept back into the low 160’s…then into the mid 160’s….and now it is into the high 160’s. I’m running and doing Yoga and my body feels strong and good, but I’ve partied a little too frequently these last few months.
Socializing has always seemed to be my biggest obstacle. Several times during my weight loss, I would hit a plateau, and then put limits on my socializing and adult beverages. It helps every time, and I know this.
I don’t even remember when I made this, but I have one copy of it hanging in my exercise room and one hanging in my pantry.
I’ve listed my Goals, My Obstacles, and my Why.
When I read this, I LOVE my Goals. It is completely doable, yet I have let myself wander away from these goals. I got to a comfortable weight (155-157 really felt good!) and found myself not trying to lose, but hanging out at my new comfortable weight and maintaining. Then I started gaining.
My Obstacles have not changed either. Stress and Anxiety and Socializing are my biggest challenges. I have gotten much better at handling the stress and anxiety that go along with every day life by stopping myself before I eat something unplanned and keeping trigger foods out of my house.
The Socializing? I’ve completely let myself do whatever I’ve wanted for the last several months, and it has done exactly what it has done for my entire life. Put on pounds.
My Why’s haven’t changed either. I know a healthy weight means I feel better mentally and physically. I know that weighing 150 pounds means I have the opportunity to become a WW Leader. I would still like to reach my goal’s instead of just talking about them.
So it’s time for me to set limits when it comes to socializing.
1. I will look at the calendar and plan. I will only drink ONE time per week!
Weight Loss Goals
1. I will keep within my weekly points and track ALL drinking and eating.
2. I will keep ALL trigger foods OUT of the house.
3. I will drink a minimum of 8 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.
4. I will continue to RUN one mile everyday for the month of July.
5. I will attend at least ONE Yoga class each week.
6. I will set a timer for 10 minutes before eating anything due to stress or anxiety. (It should stop me from eating unnecessary calories, and give me time to think through what I will eat and prepare a healthy option)
If Socializing get’s in the way of your weightloss, or your healthy lifestyle, how do YOU work around it?
“love the life you live, live the life you love”