I Need to Whine

October 27, 2016

I’ve had five days in a row of no structure, a very large headache and a lack of sleep. These last two days, my back has been acting up. I haven’t had time to sit down and write a blog like I like to write and I am now behind on updating the blog recipes. Ugh.

For the last several days, I have felt as though a cold was coming on, but I wasn’t sure if I was actually getting sick, or if allergies are just trying to kill me. I’m still undecided, and I still feel like crap.

Saturday, I ate a good breakfast, had a Larabar for lunch in the car, a Tuna Salad sandwich for dinner in the car at 6:00 and a bowl of soup and a beer at about 8:30.

Sunday I ate a normal brunch type breakfast, then went to our sons house where I snacked on cheese and crackers until dinner was ready. Oh, and I ate a cookie. Then I ate half of a burger, some cheesy potatoes and a few baked beans. I also had two beers. When I got home from taking Tess to the airport that night, I ate a piece of cake that Mike brought home from the family party. My stomach was a mess and I felt all out of whack as far as any eating schedule goes. I really do like to eat breakfast, lunch and dinner with a snack thrown in there to keep me satisfied between lunch and dinner. That has become my routine, and I like it. When my routine gets all crazy, I find it harder to make healthy choices.

Monday, I woke up feeling awful. My back was all messed up (I woke up at 4:00 am and took some Advil and grabbed an ice pack), I had a headache, and I felt like I hadn’t slept at all. I went to work at the food truck, and I felt like I was going through the entire day in a bit of a fog.

It was one of those food truck events where there were several food trucks, and each truck at the end of the day was sharing each of their deliciousness. I was cranky and uncomfortable, and comfort food sounded good. I ate a brownie and a taco, and something else?? I know that I had a diet coke, and I haven’t been drinking pop for almost a year. I have one about every two months or so? By the time I got home, I just wanted a nap and a shower and I felt bloated and like I weighed a thousand pounds. I caught a glimpse of myself as I walked past a window, and I think that I looked as bad as I felt. I took a shower until all of the hot water ran out. 

Tuesday, I worked two WW meetings. I woke up early so I could make myself look better than I was feeling. Again, my head was full, my eyes were puffy, and my back wasn’t feeling great. I was nervous about the meeting that I was working because I had a dream the night before that I messed up a few things on the computer. Well, wouldn’t you know it? Dreams really do come true! I totally messed up something in the computer!! I felt terrible and it was a time consuming task for myself and my coworker to fix, but I am told that it happens to the best of them, and once you make that mistake that I made, you never make it again. Geeszzz….good to know! That should give you an idea on what a pain in the ass it was to fix. The rest of the afternoon was still a bit foggy. I met a friend for Happy Hour, and the rest of the evening was a breeze.

That brings us to Wednesday. I woke up later than I wanted to. Puffy and itchy eyes, headache and an achy back. I took some drugs, made some coffee and I updated you on my weekend.  Then, off to work the Food Truck. I only ate a banana for breakfast. 

After the food truck, I took it easy for a bit and listened to the hubs do his own share of whining. We took turns whining. It was fun.

I have had no desire to exercise since Yoga Saturday morning. Hopefully this headache thing goes away, I start to plan my meals better around this temporary schedule of mine, and my back stops aching.

At 7:30 last night, I had a Weight Watcher Training Webinar scheduled. I got on the call only to discover that it was ET. I was an hour late. I hung up, rescheduled my webinar, and whined some more to Mike.

I went to bed with a headache at 10:00 pm, and I was still awake at 2:30 am, head pounding. I got out of bed, stretched, drank hot tea (decaf), took more drugs, climbed back in bed and put my headphones in while listening to a Pandora Waterfall station. I fell asleep for about an hour, then woke up and had to pee. I was awake for an hour. I cancelled my WW shadowing that I had scheduled for this morning (I look awful and I’ve had no sleep) and I scheduled a Dr Appt for today. I think I have a sinus infection, among other things.

I would like a do over day.

That is all. Thanks for listening to me whine. 

Here are yesterday’s eats…..

Breakfast – 1 SP

Tess loves my frothy coffee, and I haven’t had it for a long time. While she was in town over the weekend, we bought some skim milk and made these. I’m finishing up the milk!

Frothy Coffee and a Banana



Lunch – 6 SP

A Small bite of pork at the Food Truck (this is an old picture, but pretty much what I ate)



Snack – 5 SP

I was happy to come home to a fridge with cooked spaghetti squash and cooked chicken in it!

Chicken, Spaghetti Squash, Basil Pesto and Tomatoes



Snack – 2 SP

Banana and 2 tsp Almond Butter



Dinner – 13 SP

Caulirice topped with Turkey Taco Meat, Smashed Avocado, Tomatoes and a side of Roasted Plantains

img_0421 img_0425

These are my 2016 Goals
Make time each week to Meal Plan
Drink 100 ounces of water each day
Exercise 5 days a week
Three Meals and One Snack, Daily


“love the life you live, live the life you love”



6 responses to I Need to Whine

  1. julesfarm@yahoo.com November 1, 2016 at 5:17 pm

    Thank you for the congrats Kendra!

    Feeling some better. I’ve had a time with allergies these last two or three years and it is driving me crazy!!

    Thanks for sticking with me as a reader and taking the time to comment. Always greatly appreciated!


  2. Hi Julie, it almost sounds like the flu. Hope you are all better now? I had a somewhat similar thing last weekend. My head was just pounding and I slept all weekend. It was very strange. Sounds like you had a great weekend with your daughter and congratulations on becoming a grandmother again!

  3. julesfarm@yahoo.com October 28, 2016 at 4:36 pm

    Thank you so much Noxie! Antibiotics are in the system now and hopefully feeling much better tomorrow!

  4. julesfarm@yahoo.com October 28, 2016 at 4:35 pm

    Thanks Nancy! And by the way, I hope your dentist appointment was pain free. I despise going to the dentist.

  5. Positive thoughts and healing wishes headed your way my friend. Take care of you and we will be here when you feel more like blogging.

  6. Ok I guess my days have been a bit better.
    Nothing to really whine about but the dentist appointment this afternoon–I’m a chicken.
    Hope your doctor appointment goes well and you’re feeling better soon.