This is an old recipe that I have hung onto. I am not a big pie or cobbler person. I prefer cakes and brownies and breads, but this is a keeper! Probably because of the cobbler part! I wish I could give credit to the original creator of the recipe, but I haven’t a clue. For some odd reason, I remember her name was Sue! Thanks Sue!
I am going to my brothers today to celebrate his birthday and offered to bring dessert. The menu for dinner is fried chicken, mashed potatoes, rolls, and all that jazz. I don’t really care for fried chicken, and can pass on the other stuff as well, but don’t want to make a scene. I think I’ll take a veggie platter and eat small bites of the “other” food.
I will be eating this though!
Here’s the recipe! Nothing about this taste “light”, and it is super easy to make! Promise!
- 4 C fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Cooking spray
- 1 C flour
- 1/2 C sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- Dash of salt
- 1 T veg oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 lg egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 T sugar
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine blueberries and lemon juice in a 9 inch square baking dish sprayed with cooking spray. (I used a larger dish so I could spread it out a bit and just have smaller portions. The recipe as is, is a very nice large portion.)
- Combine flour and the next 4 ingredients in a lg. bowl.
- Make a well in the center.
- In a separate bowl, slight beat egg whites, then add oil and vanilla and whisk.
- Add to flour mixture and stir until completely mixed.
- Form 16 dumplings and place on top of blueberries.
- Combine 3 T of sugar with 1/2 tsp of ground cinnamon and sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350 for 35 minutes.
- One Serving = 3 SmartPoints
“You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – just good food from fresh ingredients.”
― Julia Child
“love the life you live, live the life you love”