My friend Betsy gave me a recipe some time ago for Zucchini Soup. I’ve adapted this just a bit, but I’m giving her the credit.
I have made this soup many times over the last few years and I love it! When you have a ton of zucchini, you don’t necessarily have to make zucchini bread!
Give this soup a try the next time you have a pile of Zucchini on your counter. You will thank me, or you can thank Betsy!
This taste great with Chips and Cheese!
1 SmartPoint for 1 Cup
- 1/2 C chopped onion
- 1-2 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 tsp Olive Oil
- 3 small to medium zucchini, sliced 1/4" slices
- 4 C FF Chicken broth
- 6 oz. Cooked Chicken (I like to use Rotisserie Chicken Breast)
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Baked Chips or Roasted Plantains
- Freshly Grated Monetary Jack Cheese or Monchego Cheese
- Cook onion and garlic in Olive Oil until onion is translucent.
- Add all other ingredients and simmer for 1-2 hours.
- Serve over chips and top with cheese!
- 1 Cup = 1 SmartPoint
- Be sure to add SmartPoints for Chips and Cheese.
- Looking for a low point vegetarian option? This taste great without the Chicken and becomes a Zero SmartPoint Soup!
“love the life you live, live the life you love”