(Revised 2-10-17. This recipe taste great made with 93% Lean Ground Turkey, or 93% Lean Ground Beef. It is approximately 6 Weight Watcher SmartPoints per serving made with either the Turkey, or the Beef.)
I’ve always liked a pot of soup, or a stew, or a big pot of Chili simmering in the kitchen on a cold Fall day. I love making it, I love the way that it fills the house up with yummy smells, and I love the convenience of filling up a bowl and cuddling up on the couch in front of a Football game or a good movie whenever the mood, or the hunger pangs, hit!
A few years ago, I tasted some chili that my friend, Renee, had made. I loved it. It wasn’t too salty, or too spicy, or too thick, or too thin. I loved everything about it. After getting the recipe from her, it’s the only way I’ve made chili since.
I do make it with turkey, but of course it is awesome with ground beef too! It’s the same Weight Watcher Points either way, but if you are trying to eat less red meat, 93% Lean Ground Turkey taste great! I may have tweaked the amount of cayenne and chili powder just a bit, but not much. Below is the recipe that I use every time I make it!
- 2 lbs. of 93% Lean Ground Turkey (or 80% Lean Ground Beef)
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 2 (15 oz) cans of tomato sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can of diced tomatoes
- 2 (15 oz) cans of Beans, drained. I like Kidney, but black beans are great in this recipe too!
- 2 tsp Chili Powder
- 2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 2 tsp Worcestershire
- 1 tsp Salt
- Cook onion and brown meat in a skillet.
- While the meat and onion are cooking, combine all other ingredients in a big soup pot!
- When meat is no longer pink, add the meat and onions to the other ingredients in the soup pot. Cook until heated through and continue to simmer.
- If you are planning ahead, I really think this taste best the next day!
- Top with Cheese and Sour Cream! Don't forget to add the Points for your toppings!
- This also taste great topped with Baked Chips....or chopped Avocado!
- One Serving = 6 SmartPoints
“love the life you live, live the life you love”