I’ve been doing several meals lately with quinoa, and some of these dishes have really turned out yummy! When I first tasted Quinoa, I wasn’t too crazy about it, but after hearing the suggestion that I cook my quinoa in chicken broth, or vegetable broth, verses cooking it water, I did that and I thought that it made a huge difference!
Now I like it to keep Quinoa cooked up and in the fridge. I’ve added it to my eggs, I’ve added it to salads, I’ve made breakfast bars with it after cooking it in water, and I have eaten quinoa in a similar way that you would eat oatmeal, but my favorite way to eat Quinoa, is cooking it in chicken broth, and eating it hot. I like to add a variety of cooked veggies to it, along with Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges. Often, I’ll throw in some cooked chicken, another great thing to keep on hand, and it makes a meal come together in a pinch!
(I like to keep cooked chicken in the freezer. A six ounce bag of shredded or chopped, cooked chicken, seems to work best for me. If I’m adding chicken to my Quinoa Bowl, a 6 oz portion makes a good sized dinner for me and my husband, along with all the veggies I like to throw in. If I need to add a salad, then I can. If I want to skip the salad, and add two 6 oz bags of chicken, then that works too, and we can enjoy leftovers for lunch the next day!)
When I make a Quinoa Bowl for a meal, I like to have all of my ingredients ready to go.
These are my tips for throwing together a quick and healthy Quinoa Bowl.
- Keep cooked Quinoa in the fridge.
- Adding chicken to your Quinoa Bowl? Have the chicken weighed, and ready to add to your Quinoa Bowl.
- Adding sautéed veggies? Prepare those first. Keep them in the skillet. You can heat up your Quinoa Bowl in this skillet!
- Adding canned veggies or canned beans? Have them rinsed and ready to go.
- Want to add Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges? There are so many great flavors!
- Adding a lot of ingredients like extra chicken, or a LOT of veggies? Keep the pantry stocked with chicken broth or vegetable broth in case the Quinoa Bowl needs more liquid.
- Maybe you want to add Marinara sauce? Keep that in your pantry too!
You can make a serving for one, and heat everything together in the microwave, or you can make a large skillet for more than one person, just make sure you measure out your ingredients if you are counting WW Points.
Below are my favorite ingredients to add to your Quinoa Bowl.
- 1/2 Cup of Cooked Quinoa = 2 PointsPlus
- 3 oz. of cooked Chicken Breast = 3 PointsPlus
- 1 Wedge of Laughing Cow Cheese = 1 PointsPlus
- 1 tsp of Olive Oil = 1 PointsPlus
- 1/4 C. of corn = 1 PointsPlus
- 1/4 C. of Black Beans = 1 PointsPlus
- 1/4 C. of Edamame = 1 PointsPlus
- 1/4 of Avocado, chopped = 2 PointsPlus
- 3 oz. of Cooked, Sweet Potato = 2 PointsPlus
Okay, those are my tips and my favorite ingredients for throwing together a quick and healthy Quinoa Bowl!
Below are a few that I have made that Mike and I both really liked!
- Quinoa with Chicken, Onion, Garlic, Cooked Bacon, Green Beans and Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges, Light Creamy Swiss
Sauté Onions and Garlic in Olive Oil. Add cooked bacon. Cook for an additional two minutes. Add chicken broth, cooked quinoa, cooked green beans and cooked chicken. Stir and heat through. Add Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges. Reduce heat to low and cover with a lid. Let sit for about one minute so the cheese can melt. Remove lid and stir cheese in.
Mike asked me if I wrote this one down. He said it was his favorite, but he say’s that about almost all of the Quinoa Bowls!
- Quinoa with Chicken, Corn and Black Beans and Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges, Light Creamy Swiss
Add all ingredients. Heat through until cheese is melted.
- Quinoa with Corn, Black Beans, Edamame and Avocado
Heat Quinoa, Corn and Black Beans. Add chopped Avocado. This also taste great as a cold dish!
- Quinoa with Corn, Black Beans, Cooked Sweet Potato….topped with a Turkey Burger
Heat Quinoa, Corn, Black Beans and cooked Sweet Potato. Top with a Turkey Burger!
- Quinoa with Shredded Cooked Chicken, Zucchini, Shredded Carrots and Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges, Light Creamy Swiss Flavor
Sauté Veggies in Olive Oil. Add Quinoa, Chicken and Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges to the skillet of veggies, and heat through until cheese melts.
- Quinoa with Marinara and Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges, Queso Chipotle Flavor. Spicy and SO good!
Add all ingredients together and heat through until cheese melts.
- Quinoa with Sautéed Zucchini and Red Onion, Marinara and Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges, Chipotle Queso Flavor
Sautee Veggies in Olive Oil. Add Marinara and Queso Cheese Wedges. Heat through until cheese melts.
- Quinoa with Yellow Squash, Zucchini and Laughing Cow Cheese Wedges, Light Creamy Swiss Flavor, Cracked Black Pepper
Sautee Veggies in Olive Oil. Add Quinoa and cheese and heat through until cheese melts.
- Quinoa with Chicken, Chicken Broth, Slivered Almonds, Feta Cheese and Dried Cherries
(This is from a restaurant, but I have made this combo at home too!)
Heat Chicken, Quinoa and broth. Top with almonds, Feta or Goat Cheese, and a few dried cherries.
- Quinoa, Chicken, Edamame, Soft Goat Cheese, Balsamic Glaze
Combine Quinoa and Chicken and heat through. Add edamame at room temperature. Top with Soft Goat Cheese and Balsamic Glaze. I found the Glaze in the Salad Dressing Aisle. Top with Cracked Black Pepper.
I hope this post was helpful! If you try any of these combo’s, I’d love to know if you love them as much as I do!
“love the life you live, live the life you love”