Keeping it short today. Heading to Dallas this afternoon, and lots to do! I won’t have a post on Saturday, but hopefully will get one in on Sunday when I get home.! I am so excited for this weekend’s visit to see Tess for The Color Run that we have been training for. I’ve ran 3 miles a few times now, so I know I’m ready!
I tried a couple of new recipes yesterday that I liked! I hope you do too! Sorry these 21 Days of Meal’s have not been consistent, but they have gotten me to try a few new recipes and eat a few of my staple foods in a variety of ways!
- 1/2 C. Quick Cooking Oats
- 1 Packet Sweetener
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 3/4 Boiling Water
- 1 T. Toasted Unsweetened Coconut
- 1 T. Toasted Slivered Almonds
- Toast coconut and almonds in a small skillet coated with Butter Flavored (or regular) Cooking Spray.
- Add first four ingredients to a bowl and mix.
- Add boiling water and mix well.
- Let sit for 2 minutes.
- Top with Almonds and Coconut!
- One Serving = 7 SmartPoints
Beef, Sweet Potato and Quinoa Stuffed Bell Peppers
I adapted this recipe from Skinnytaste.com. You can click HERE and check out one of her awesome recipes for Turkey Stuffed Peppers. She has a Santa Fe version that I want to try too! Her peppers have Turkey and Rice in them. I went with Beef and Quinoa. I’m never sure on seasonings, so I used her recipe for a reference. I have an old recipe for Stuffed Peppers that uses Campbell’s tomato soup, and I love that recipe. At Skinnytaste, she uses tomato sauce and chicken broth, and I decided that probably had a lot less sodium in it, so I went that route! I don’t eat a ton of red meat, but I still love it. I made these with Lean Ground Beef and had NO regrets! The Sweet Potato? I have no idea. It just sounded good.
- 3 Large Bell Peppers. You pick your color, geezzz, or your price!
- 1 lb 95% Lean Ground Beef
- 1 Clove garlic, Minced
- 1/2 Onion, Minced
- Olive Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- 1/4 C.Tomato Sauce
- 1 C. Fat Free Chicken Broth
- 1 C. Cooked Quinoa
- 4 oz. Cooked Sweet Potato, Diced
- 1/2 C. 2% Colby and Monterey Jack
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Cook onion and garlic for about 2 minutes in Olive Oil Spray.
- Add Hamburger, Cumin, Garlic Powder, Salt and Pepper and cook until Hamburger is no longer pink.
- Add 1/4 Cup Tomato Sauce and 1/2 Cup Chicken Broth to the hamburger mixture.
- Stir and let simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Add Cooked Quinoa and cooked diced Sweet Potato and mix well.
- Clean Peppers and cut in half. I cut them top to bottom. Remove seeds.
- Lay peppers in a baking dish and fill them up with the hamburger mixture!
- Pour the remaining 1/2 C. of Chicken Broth in the baking dish.
- Cover with foil and bake for about 35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and top with cheese.
- Let the cheese melt and serve with a Side Salad!
- (I accidentally got all CHEESE EXCITED and added the cheese before I baked these. Taste fine, just not quite as pretty.)
- One Serving (1/2 Pepper) = 5 SmartPoints
Stuffed Bell Pepper
Peach Vanilla Smoothie
“love the life you live, live the life you love”