This is an easy and healthy alternative to store bought spaghetti sauces and marinara’s. When you can get a hold of some fresh tomatoes at the produce stand, I highly recommend giving this a try.
I am admittedly terrible at writing a recipe. I season to taste, therefore I don’t have measurements on my spices. Forgive me.
- 10 Medium to Large Home Grown Tomatoes
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 sweet onion, diced
- Olive Oil
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1-2 Bay Leaves
- Dash of Cinnamon
- Bring a pot of water to boil.
- Drop tomatoes in water for about 30 seconds, then transfer the tomatoes to a bowl of ice water. The skin will peel off super easy!
- Place the tomatoes in a food processor and chop or grind to the consistency that you would like your sauce.
- Cook onion and garlic in Olive Oil.
- Add the tomatoes, salt, pepper, oregano, basil and Bay Leaves.
- Let simmer for about an hour.
- Remove Bay Leaves.
“love the life you live, live the life you love”